6/26/2008
Traveling Tip 1
We found ourselves with some extra time one hot evening (in a park in Spain), and I couldn't help but notice the wonderfully fresh looking, just-out-of-reach oranges in the trees above our heads. I love oranges, and nothing was better than the thought of having a mouth-watering, complimentary all natural snack. Dani didn't think it was a great idea and said so by sitting on a park bench just far enough away to claim she didn't know who I was. I first tried jumping straight up from the ground, but eventually came to a combo bench-seat-jump in order to hurl myself high enough into the tree to grab at one of the oranges. It was at some point in mid-air that I realized Dani might have been right, and by then my persistent hand wouldn't let go of the orange which finally gave way after releasing a maddening amount of tree sap all over my shirt and back. Then looming similar to a Ghostbusters "sliming", I held my glorious prize up high into the air with a feeling of victory, only briefly noticing Dani's new look of disgust. After an easy de-peeling, I hesitated at my first bite into the sumptuous fresh orange as I was anxious to reap the benefits of my hard labor (and sap covering). The first (and only) taste was something like putrid orange peel and I couldn't even fake an expression of delight as I spit the remains out, coughing and seeing Dani's grimace turn to a chuckle. She knew that if could of mustered a mild grin after the bite I would of likely said that it had a unique taste and would of suggested a sample. We both had a good laugh, and needless to say, don't bother with the wild oranges!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha ha, WILD ORANGES?
Post a Comment